Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 54


Gad zooks! Time has been flying by, without any news from me, until now! I am happy now, because I FINALLY painted a little landscape painting that I feel good about.

Other news: I've been busy taking Advanced Figure Drawing, twice a week at WesConn, and I feel that I am getting a lot out of that class, which will pay off in the long run, when including figures in the landscape. Also, I'm reading lots of my art books, mostly focusing on books about: A La Prima painting, color and impressionism.

Anyway, I am posting the painting today that has me excited. I hope this may be a breakthrough in my landscape work. It's a little park in Newtown, CT. The painting is done in oils and is 8X13" in size.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful mom! Love the motion of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Joan. You should be proud. The colors, movement & mood are all well done.
    Keep up the good work and thanks for sending me a link to your latest.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice stuff Joanie!

    Daniel
    www.danielkrieger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! Joanie

    ReplyDelete