Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 18- Open House at the Brookfield Craft Center





Today was our once a year open house at the craft center where I teach drawing and painting. I was asked to draw outdoors, which I did with pleasure! It was a perfect day! Our location is wonderful, in an old grist mill with a river flowing by in the backyard...and we had a terrific turn out at our open house. Many craftspeople who teach there demonstrate their skills and show prospective students what they can create in the classes. I had a good time drawing, practiced my perspective and used a medium that I now know is a top pick for me: vine charcoal. I must do more work in charcoal. It is so soft and malleable, it almost feels like I'm sculpting with it...I love it! Here is the drawing I did while people came by and visited at the Center.

I am also uploading the painting of the pond we visited several times in RI, and another small painting of the lake near my house, Candlewood, in Connecticut.

Another bit of news. I just found out that a former teacher of mine is teaching Advanced Figure Drawing at the Danbury branch of our state university, and now that I am of a 'certain' age, I can take classes for a very nominal fee....so I have decided to take the class. It's twice a week for a semester, so I'll count those class sessions as my art work for those days, and will post my drawings from the classes here too. I think that improving my figure skills can never hurt. It makes pictures interesting to have people in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment