Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 20


Starting with health, not so good. Nothing serious with a capital S, but muscle spasms and stuff like that really slow me down. No more on this...just to make a note that I am spending time feeling miserable and don't feel like painting. BUT, I did do a One a Day yesterday, which is posted here. Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope, and I do have a plan.

I'm going to work on a small painting for my aunt in Florida, of her twin great grand daughter...a real sweet beach scene. One of my interests is painting people on the beach, so this should be good practice. The catch is, one, a resemblance is critical in this painting, and the proportions of children are tricky for me...but, as I said, good practice.
I also have in mind to do an Israel picture, but in the charcoal I used for the scene of the river at the mill, posted on Sunday. I am beginning to think that is a strong medium for me and could have the kind of impact I am looking for. I hope to have those both up on the blog before the weekend.

Our self study program: Barb and I don't live too close to each other, so we are having some phone meetings and sharing our progress on the phone and internet for a couple of weeks this month. Our assignment is to work through the book called 'Brushwork Essentials' and chose one of the painting projects at the end to copy. Deadline is the third week of Sept. Tomorrow, I start going to the advanced figure drawing class at the state college. I'm pretty psyched about that too! See you soon with more updates.

1 comment: