Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 28



Almost a month has gone by since I began! The good news is that I have done more art work than I can recall doing any previous month, but the bad news is that I need to do more! I had a bad week with my health; an old car accident injury has really messed up my neck and I have been having such pain, even down through my chest, that one night I thought it might be a heart attack and went to the hospital. It wasn't my heart, so that is good, but still, when it is bad, I can hardly sleep, and I'm tired and miserable.

All that notwithstanding, I have started to take the figure class, and I am in ecstasy!! Twice a week for two studio classes with a model, and for a modest fee, as an 'older person'....I am so happy for this opportunity. I have high hopes of seeing great improvement over the semester, and maybe I can continue with it for the whole school year. This afternoon is the second session, so I have to make this short. In the evening, I'm taking my dog to agility class..so it's a busy day. I wanted to post a couple of my figure drawings. In the image with the extra head drawing..I was working on drawing the tilt of the head, which is difficult.

Other news: ISRAEL PROJECT: I have been doing research on line and finding a lot of like minded people blogging and posting images of the sort I want for a painting...and trying to contact them for permission to use the pictures, but so far, no luck. A lot of dead ends. But I'll keep trying.
Meantime, in my mind, I am developing an idea for a large painting of the twelve soldiers who were cremated alive during the summer war, while they were eating lunch, not even in combat!, just sitting on a stone wall in a Kibbutz, when a katusha rocket crashed into the paved road in front of them setting a car on fire and killing all the men. I am going to do some prelim. work on this image this week. So it's off to school now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment