Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 4


Artwork: will post updates on this later. I worked today on a piece for Israel.

Israel: New painting to view, as promised! The blog is working...I'm working...still slowly and in small steps, but I can show you the new painting now. It is called "Bolts Keep Spinning...". This painting is acrylic paint on paper, and will be mounted to a large board. It is 36x64" in size.

It is based on a photograph taken by a physician in Jerusalem, showing the damage inflicted by a bomb with bolts in it. The title of the painting comes from a statement made by a victim of a similar bomb, who said that the bolts continue spinning inside the body. I learned this from a CD that was given to me by the Elharars, the couple who created and continue to run the Organization for Victims of Terror in Israel. The CD is called, "Civilians in the Battlefield," and is a video of victims telling their stories.

My daughter was so nice to try to put a countdown, flip calendar into this blog for me, but the thing doesn't seem to be working.

Health:
Hmm...kids were visiting, I made fresh blueberry pie with crumb topping...end of story. Will try to manage the rest of the day better. It is still beastly hot and humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment