Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 8

I won't be able to blog again until after Labor Day. We will be in Rhode Island for a week, and I plan to do a painting a day there so should have a lot of new images posted soon. Hopefully I'll also get some good photos of the ocean, and of birds and nature in the local nature preserves for future painting reference.
I gave another private drawing lesson today, did some research on web sites related to terrorism, and watched a very exciting instructional video on the web, on creating luminous paintings by a contemporary painter named Mikel Wintermantel. The video was suggested to me in an email I received from Chroma paint, a company I represent as a free lancer occasionally helping to market their paint; they make a very special and wonderful type of acrylic paint. Anyway, I got really psyched about this artist's work and hope to take a workshop with him someday soon. Here is the link to the video. You might enjoy it if you are an emerging or new artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment