Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 5

Busy day. I taught art at the Easton Senior Center today. Good class, lovely people, one of the highlights of my week every Monday. Most of the students do watercolors, each in their own style, and bring in ideas for paintings they want to do. I critique their work as we go along, answer questions as best I can and make some suggestions. It seems to work for everyone. Sometimes we have class lessons; we did a little work on rules of perspective in recent weeks.

I rushed home to get the dog to the groomer in the afternoon.
I did draw for a little while sitting in the Big Y cafe waiting to pick up the dog, but by the time I got home I was pooped (bad choice of doggie type words).

Tomorrow morning, I'll post some of my pencil drawings done in the last week. Tomorrow afternoon, I meet with Barb to work on oil brushstrokes.

I got a few reactions, very positive, to the Israel painting I posted yesterday. Somehow I thought I would get more emails about it. But maybe it is too upsetting or offensive to people...not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment