Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 6







Really good day today. Barb came over and we worked on the drawing assignment...looked at each other's work, and gave helpful suggestions : ) We plan to continue drawing cube based objects, since neither of us has it quite down yet. As you can see, the glider glided right off the page; it's not supposed to do that! Again, it's a matter of discipline, plan the location of the image on the page, save the details for the end. Hopefully this practice will fill a gap for me so that I can create a good drawing or plan, prior to doing an oil or watercolor painting.

We also worked through some of the book on brushstrokes and left the other half for homework. We did things like loading the brush different ways, preparing it for different types of strokes..kind of boring and seemingly basic, but I think for me it increased my awareness of not being lazy and then sorry. 'Do it right the first time' has never been my motto, but it seems like a sensible idea!

I plan to work on a painting tonight that my aunt asked me to do of her two great grand daughters at the beach. It's a challenge, but she deserves my best try.

No work on Israel today.

Health: Mostly low fat eating today. Still, very little exercise. Barb and I did take a walk to the lake to take some pictures of boats and water for ideas for paintings.

Plans for a yum dinner of stuffed fillet of sole (pre cooked and bought from Omaha Beef, a new indulgence) with corn and fresh tomatoes from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment